Using Raster Analytics
Lain Graham shows you how you can track methane emissions using the Living Atlas and turn your science into actionable information for climate resilience using the raster analytics capabilities in ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online.
- Access large collections of imagery in the cloud, perform advanced analysis at scale, and create dynamic workflows that can be shared and turn science into actionable information through the power of raster analytics with ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online.
- ArcGIS Online and the Living Atlas include Sentinel-5P data, a series of daily images of several atmospheric gases.
- Leverage the more than 150 available raster functions and distributed analytics in ArcGIS Notebooks to perform large-scale analysis. By using distributed processing in ArcGIS Image, calculate the monthly mean from over 180 global composite images, removing the clouds and the noise from our data.
- ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online allows you to track methane emissions and bring in data from known contributors to provide context for your analysis.
- The Land Emissions And Removals Navigator (LEARN) tool, a collaboration between several organizations, leverages raster analytics and cloud computing and is designed to help communities estimate the impacts of carbon and greenhouse gases in their local area. The application allows us to determine change in land cover and get a snapshot of emissions and removal factors.