Top 10 GIS & BIM Integration Tips for Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC)
From Geoff Cook
Bringing geospatial context to building information modeling (BIM) data used in architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) projects has never been more important. Driven by ISO 19650 principles, this webinar explores tips for setting projects up for success, improving collaboration across teams, and driving better outcomes through project delivery.
- Set up BIM projects from Autodesk Construction Cloud®.
- Bring geospatial context to design and engineering projects.
- Choose the best Esri-Autodesk connectors for your workflows.
- Unlock the value of BIM content with building scene layers.
This technical webinar is recommended for GIS and IT professionals using ArcGIS, as well as BIM and CAD professionals and civil engineers using Autodesk® BIM Collaborate Pro (formerly BIM 360® Design), Revit®, Civil 3D®, and AutoCAD®.
- 2:02 - Tip 1: Setting up Projects in Autodesk Construction Cloud®
- 6:09 - Tip 2: Configuring Location in Autodesk® Desktop Applications
- 9:20 - Tips 3 & 4: Desktop Connectors to GIS for Autodesk Users
- 18:40 - Tip 5: Working with Autodesk Civil 3D® in ArcGIS® Pro
- 22:04 - Tip 6: Surfaces from Autodesk Civil 3D
- 24:02 - Tip 7: Creating Autodesk BIM Cloud Connection in ArcGIS Pro
- 27:00 - Tip 8: Working with IFC: Industry Foundation Classes
- 30:22 - Tip 9: Publishing BIM Content to ArcGIS Building Scene Layers
- 36:06 - Tip 10: Setting up ArcGIS GeoBIM℠ Projects to Unlock BIM Data
- ArcGIS GeoBIM: https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-geobim/overview
- ArcGIS for AutoCAD: https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-for-autocad
Follow us on Social Media
The Science of Where: http://www.esri.com